doveadm-replicator - Manage users' mail replication
doveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] replicator command [OPTIONS] [ARGUMENTS]
The doveadm replicator COMMANDS can be used to manage the automated replication of users' mail.
Global doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -f formatter
- Specifies the formatter for formatting the output. Supported formatters are:
- prints each line with key=value pairs.
- prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L).
- prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines.
- prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
This command uses by default the output formatter flow (without the key= prefix).
Command specific options:
- -a replicator_socket_path
- This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket.
By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/replicator-doveadm. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.
- Specifies for which users the command should be executed. In most cases you would like to use
patterns which contains wildcards, e.g. \*@example.net for all users of the example.net domain, or
simply \* for all users.
When the SQL userdb module is used make sure that the iterate_query setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext matches your database layout. When using the LDAP userdb module, make sure that the iterate_attrs and iterate_filter settings in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext match your LDAP schema. Otherwise doveadm(1) will be unable to iterate over all users.
Replicator Add ☜
doveadm replicator add [-a replicator_socket_path] user_mask
Add the specified user(s) to the replicator. If the user_mask contains "?" or "*" wildcards, the list of usernames is looked up from the userdb.
Replicator Dsync-Status ☜
doveadm replicator dsync-status [-a replicator_socket_path]
Show the status for the currently running dsync processes.
Replicator Remove ☜
doveadm replicator remove [-a replicator_socket_path] username
Remove the specified user from replicator.
Replicator Replicate ☜
doveadm replicator replicate [-a replicator_socket_path] [-f] [-p priority] user_mask
Start replication for the specified users now. If the -f parameter is given, full replication is done for the user. You can also specify the priority, which can be either high or low. If the user mask contains "?" or "*" wildcards, the list of usernames is looked up from the users that currently exist in replicator (not from the userdb).
Replicator Status ☜
doveadm replicator status [-a replicator_socket_path] user_mask
Show the replication status for users.
See Also ☜
- Replication with dsync