doveadm-instance - Manage the list of running Dovecot instances
doveadm [-Dv] [-f formatter] instance list
doveadm [-Dv] instance remove name | base_dir
The doveadm instance commands are used to manage the list of Dovecot instances running on the server. In most installations there is only one Dovecot instance, but in some cases is may be useful to have more (e.g. running director proxy and backend in the same server).
Instances are added to the list automatically when Dovecot is started. Each instance is uniquely identified by its base_dir setting. Instances can be named by setting instance_name in each instance's dovecot.conf. When an instance is named, it can be accessed easily by giving -i instance_name command line parameter for Dovecot binaries (e.g. doveadm).
Global doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -f formatter
- Specifies the formatter for formatting the output. Supported formatters are:
- prints each line with key=value pairs.
- prints each key: value pair on its own line and separates records with form feed character (^L).
- prints a table header followed by tab separated value lines.
- prints a table header followed by adjusted value lines.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
- The value of an instance's instance_name setting.
- The base directory of a Dovecot instance.
Instance List ☜
doveadm instance list
This command lists the seen Dovecot instances.
Instance Remove ☜
doveadm instance remove name | base_dir
This command removes the specified instance.
See Also ☜