doveadm-exec - easily execute commands from Dovecot's libexec_dir
doveadm [-Dv] exec binary [binary arguments]
This command allows administrators and local users to simply execute commands from within libexec_dir. So for example a logged in system user could start a pre-authenticated imap session, using the command: doveadm exec imap. An administrator would use the command: doveadm exec imap -u username.
Global doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
- the name of an executable located in /usr/libexec/dovecot.
- binary arguments
- options and arguments, which will be passed through to the binary.
This example demonstrates how to deliver a message from a file to a user's mailbox.
doveadm exec dovecot-lda -d firstname.lastname@example.org \ -f email@example.com < ~/stuff/welcome.msg