Made page layout and content match Sieve interpreter page.
Moved to new doc
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Pigeonhole ManageSieve Server =
The [[Pigeonhole|Pigeonhole project]] provides [[http://sieve.info|Sieve]] support for Dovecot, which allows users to filter incoming messages by writing scripts specified in the Sieve language (RFC 5228). The Pigeonhole !ManageSieve service is used to manage a user's Sieve script collection. It has the following advantages over doing it directly via filesystem:
* No need to let users log in via FTP/SFTP/etc, which could be difficult especially with virtual users.
* !ManageSieve is a [[http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5804|standard protocol]], so users can manage their scripts using (hopefully) user-friendly !ManageSieve clients. Many webmails already include a !ManageSieve client.
* Scripts are compiled before they are installed, which guarantees that the uploaded script is valid. This prevents a user from inadvertently installing a broken Sieve script.
== Configuration and Use ==
* [[Pigeonhole/Installation|Download and Installation]]
* [[Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Clients|Client Issues]]
|Moved to https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/pigeonhole_managesieve_server/|