← Revision 48 as of 2019-09-12 08:43:59
Moved to new doc
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from ManageSieve
= Dovecot ManageSieve Server =
!ManageSieve service is used to manage a user's [[LDA/Sieve|Sieve]] script collection. It has the following advantages over doing it directly via filesystem:
* No need to let users log in via FTP/SFTP/etc, which could be difficult especially with virtual users.
* !ManageSieve is a [[http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5804|standard protocol]], so users can manage their scripts using (hopefully) user-friendly !ManageSieve clients. Many webmails already include a !ManageSieve client.
* Scripts are compiled before they are installed, which guarantees that the uploaded script is valid. This prevents a user from inadvertently installing a broken Sieve script.
Dovecot's !ManageSieve support is distributed in a separate package from the [[http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/|Pigeonhole project]]. There exists also an alternative [[http://gitorious.org/pysieved/pages/Home|pysieved]] !ManageSieve server that works with Dovecot.
* [[Pigeonhole|Download and Installation]]
* [[Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Clients|Client Issues]]
|Moved to https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/pigeonhole_managesieve_server/|