← Revision 48 as of 2019-09-12 08:43:59
Moved to new doc
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Dovecot ManageSieve Server =
ManageSieve service is used to manage a user's [[LDA/Sieve|Sieve]] script collection. It has the following advantages over doing it directly via filesystem:
* No need to let users log in via FTP/SFTP/etc, which could be difficult especially with virtual users.
* ManageSieve is a [[http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5804|standard protocol]], so users can manage their scripts using (hopefully) user-friendly ManageSieve clients. Many webmails already include a ManageSieve client.
* Scripts are compiled before they are installed, which guarantees that the uploaded script is valid. This prevents a user from inadvertently installing a broken Sieve script.
Dovecot's ManageSieve support is distributed in a separate package. Currently it also requires patching Dovecot sources, but this won't be necessary anymore in Dovecot v2.0. Dovecot's ManageSieve implementation is part of the [[http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/|Pigeonhole project]]. There exists also an alternative [[http://gitorious.org/pysieved/pages/Home|pysieved]] ManageSieve server that works with Dovecot.
* [[ManageSieve/Install|Download and Installation]]
* [[ManageSieve/Clients|Client Issues]]
== Contact Info ==
* Author: Stephan Bosch, firstname.lastname@example.org
* IRC: [[http://freenode.net/|Freenode]], #dovecot, S[r]us
* Please use the Dovecot [[http://www.dovecot.org/mailinglists.html|mailing list]] for questions about the ManageSieve service. You don't have to subscribe to it.
|Moved to https://doc.dovecot.org/admin_manual/pigeonhole_managesieve_server/|